The St. Louis area is prone to extreme high and low temperatures that can challenge the body beyond its normal limits. Monitor weather conditions to ensure you are prepared.
How to prepare before it happens
- Insure proper functioning of heat and cooling units.
- Use window coverings to better regulate the heat in or out of your work area.
- In cold weather, maintain an emergency kit that contains adequate clothing and blankets to keep warm.
What to do when it happens
- Stay updated with changing weather conditions.
- Stay indoors as much as possible and minimize travel, if necessary.
- During extreme heat, drink plenty of water and consider rescheduling outdoor activities.
What to do right after it happens
- Restock any emergency supplies.