Knowing how to respond during an emergency is crucial to your personal safety and the wellbeing of those around you. Explore information for the specific hazards that are most likely to impact the WashU campuses below.
In addition to hazard-specific responses, maintaining situational awareness can greatly increase your ability to react in a timely manner.
To establish situational awareness:
- Scan your environment.
- Avoid distractions, such as cell phones, while walking around campus.
- Monitor local media when there is a risk of severe weather.
- Familiarize yourself with locations you visit frequently. Learn where the Emergency Assembly Point (see links on this page) is located and two ways to exit the building in case your main path is not usable.
- Download the WUSTL Mobile app (ios/Apple devices and Android devices) and enable push notifications so that you will receive timely alerts in the event of an emergency.
- If you see something, say something. Notify WUPD (314-935-5555) or Protective Services on the Medical Campus (314-362-4357) if you witness suspicious activity.