Knowing how to respond during an emergency is crucial to your personal safety and the well-being of those around you. Explore information for the specific hazards that are most likely to impact the WashU campuses below.
In addition to hazard-specific responses, maintaining situational awareness can greatly increase your ability to react in a timely manner.
To establish situational awareness:
- Scan your environment.
- Avoid distractions, such as cell phones, while walking around campus.
- Monitor local media when there is a risk of severe weather.
- Familiarize yourself with locations you visit frequently. Learn where the Emergency Assembly Point is located and two ways to exit the building in case your main path is not usable.
- Download the WUSTL Mobile app (ios/Apple devices and Android devices) and enable push notifications so that you will receive timely alerts in the event of an emergency.
- If you see something, say something. Notify WUPD (314-935-5555) or Protective Services on the Medical Campus (314-362-4357) if you witness suspicious activity.